with the approaching semester being my last at UMD, i'm determined to leave this school feeling the healthiest. not settling for satisfied. not settling. exploring ideas and entertaining thoughts that have previously frightened me or had been deemed impossible. i'm getting selfish in the best way possible.
new years resolutions have always been pending letdowns, a looming shortcoming if you will. i simply cannot imagine lofty, general goals to be achievable because i haven't outlined a precise method---my infamous love of all things lists has revealed the broader realization that i need shorter, frequent goals and commitments. these can be steps to a larger goal (one that we won't think about for sake of mental sanity). ergo, my goals for january:
1. successfully complete an application for a year of intensive language study and cultural immersion in Alexandria, Egypt (due friday)
2. move into a new house. new roommates, new experiences. a co-op house. details to come.
3. drink more green tea. all teas. in the aftermath of my semester abroad in italy, american coffee doesn't do it for me. while i can find quality caffe in certain places, i want to embrace my (forgotten) love for tea. simple.
4. reintroduce fitness into my life. for the last 6 months, my life had taken a completely new direction and forced me to reorganize my priorities in a new location. doing something everyday--whether it be my beloved yoga, a sweaty session at the gym, or a walk around DC--every day is a new chance to recommit myself to healthy living. taking the mountain with me.
5. invest more time into this blog. this speaks for itself.